Whirling Dervish CappadociaActivities
27.00 EUR 25.00 EUR / per person
Cappadocia Whirling Dervish Ceremony!
Whirling Dervish ceremony is a show that is not often found in Anatolia but is of great importance for Anatolian Islamic culture. This show is held in a meaningful way to introduce a culture to visitors and ensure that they also witness these peaceful moments. The Whirling Dervish ceremony was taught to Rumi by Shams-i Tabrizi. Considering its deep meaning, it can be expressed as the dhikr rite of the Mevlevi dervishes. A demonstration performed by turning the right palm to the sky and the left palm to the earth is a ritual that is taken from the Right and distributed to the public.
It is a unique experience to watch the whirling samovars in their white clothes and harmony and to try to understand their prayers and wishes. Also, this show takes place in the unique Cappadocian caves. In this service, your transfers are included in the price and the total duration of the Whirling Dervish ceremony is 45 minutes.
Good to Know About the Cappadocia Whirling Dervish Ceremony;
The pick-up time may vary from 5-10min depending on the location of the hotel where the transfer will be provided.
It will be cool because the show will be held in the cave.
The transfer agent will wait for you throughout the show.
It is provided free of charge from the towns of Avanos, Goreme, Uchisar, Cavusin and Ortahisar.
- Tripadvisor Traveler Rating
- 220 reviews
- Recent Traveler Reviews
- “Esma is super knowledgeable, friendly and a flexible person. She shared everything she knows about the...” more
- “We did the Red Tour with Cappadocia Visitor and we had the absolute best time. Ozge...” more
- “Ozge was an amazing guide. Really friendly, calm and full of knowledge. We saw many beautiful...” more
- “I sent my clients for their amazing trip to Cappadocia and Coppa visitor took care of...” more